Week 4B: My Favorite Websites and Analysis



Although I like to use my google calendar for my personal events, I still find writing down my homework assignments with an academic planner. The two brands I use are Erin Condren and the Happy Planner. Also, their websites offer a variety of products that are not typically offered in stores.

Both websites have an easy to navigate grid. The hierarchy makes it seamless to browse through various products. The navigation bar for both isn't bombarded with too many buttons to click through. Erin Condren's website has web-friendly fonts and makes good use of white space.

The reason I love visiting these sites is due to their strong branding. The typography, coloring choices, and unique photos help me visualize how the products of theirs will work. 

The only qualm I would have with both websites is the zoom feature on looking up product at a closer scale. Having different views of the products would be nice before making a purchase. Also, the happy planner has both a blog and a site for e-commerce but the structure is similar which makes the navigation slightly confusing. Other than that I will continue to visit these websites and to get inspirations for my love of organizing. 

Comments