Week 17: Wrapping It Up

Wrapping It Up Before the Holidays

Final Thoughts

Creating content for both MiraCosta and my own graphic design page was a positive, yet challenging experience. I think I look at it now as a resource for customer service versus having the freedom to post anything I want on social media platforms. There is a fine line between expressing yourself and cater to the needs of your customers. 

However, I think curating content for another business was more natural than curating content for my graphic design page. Reflecting on what I have worked on during the class, I should have selected my Toastmaster page as my main Facebook page. The MiraCoasta page is managed by the Public Information Office at MiraCosta, which uses Hootsuite to schedule posts, I couldn't really apply what I learned in class, so creating a graphic design Facebook page was my plan B, but it still needs a lot of work. If I were to select the Toastmaster page instead, I think I could have seen an improvement in overall engagement, increase in likes and traffic on the Facebook page. 

With the resource and lectures from this class, I think my viewpoint on social media has changed. I believe there are opportunities in creating more tools to make posts on social media more efficiently. For example, I would like to see more mockups or preview of what post will look like before hitting a submission or post button. This also includes body copy for each social media platform. I think I am to help with that creation of software or app one day.  

There are only two critiques I have from this class that I thought we would explore more is more depth discussions on google and Facebook analytics. Maybe we can explore a case study using social media analytics and going over the terms will be more helpful for the future. The other critique is exploring other social media platforms like SnapChat and Instagram Stories many businesses are moving into creating advertising through these moments. 

Overall, I think this class is a great introductory class for Social Media. I know we can't discuss and explore all the aspects of social media in a 16-week course. I hope we can have a follow-up class in the future. 

Comments